Wednesday 22 October 2014

Ideas For The Magazine Cover

Ideas For The Magazine


Masthead

For my masthead I have opted to keep it simple so there is no confusion or ambiguity about the content in the magazine. The name I have chosen is “gamer”.
The colour of the text on the Masthead will depend on the colours surrounding the main image.  The ideas I had for colours were green which has connotations of the Xbox console or Blue which has connotations of the Playstation console. This would directly fit well with the gaming genre. For the text I want a bold text that is clear and can be read from a distance, also I do not want the main image to cover any of the masthead as I have seen in other magazines, the reason this was in other magazines is because they were well established so people already knew what they were reading without looking to the Masthead for clues.


Main Image


For the main image I plan to take a real life picture of somebody or something that can fit in with the gaming genre such as a car which can fit the racing genre or a person holding a gun which obviously fits with the shooter genre. After this, to give it the look as though it is in a game I will use photoshop to to give it a cartoon effect so it looks as though it is in a game. The background to the main image will depend completely on which picture I choose to take.  For example if a choose to do  a picture surrounding the racing game genre then it will be fitting to have the background as a road or race track, however if it is for example a person with a gun then the background may be woodlands or long grass.



Cover Lines/Puffs


For the cover lines or puffs I plan to take pictures of things associated with gaming, for example I plan to take a picture of a PC and a cover line such as ‘The best PC games this year’ also for others I will take pictures of games consoles with cover lines such as ‘ An in depth review of the Playstation 4’. I am also considering the idea of taking pictures of the actual games with cover lines about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment